Monday, August 15, 2011

This Week's Menu


Vacation is over.  It's almost time for school to start back, so that means it's time to start menu planning again.  I really like menu planning so it'll be good to get back in the swing of things.  Here's how things go at our house.  I cook maybe 3 times a week.  The rest of the week is leftovers from the meals that were cooked.  I see no reason to cook 5 nights a week.  There is nothing wrong with leftovers!  I don't plan out breakfast because it's always cereal, unless it's Saturday and I decide to make pancakes.  I'll have to get better with planning lunches once school starts back since I'll have to have lunches made for everyone the night before.  So, on to this week's menu. 

We're having:  Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken (I've actually got this in the crock pot right now because I'm going to use half of it for chicken salad this week) with asparagus and potatoes.

Weeknight Pork Chops with fresh corn on the cob and carrots.

Pizza Carbonara

Saturday is W's 3rd birthday party, so we'll have hot dogs and other party food fair that night!

I used All Recipes to plan this week's menu.  I had pizza crust and pork chops already in the freezer so that's where I started with my meal plan.  I printed out a shopping list from the recipes and I actually had most all the ingredients on hand, so I just had to fill in with my fresh produce for the week.  I'll try using All Recipes again next week and this may become my new menu planning tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment