Monday, August 22, 2011

Mmmm...Southern Goodness


I had posted earlier that we were having hamburgers tonight. That changed at the last minute to Smothered Hamburger Steak. Here's the recipe I came up with.

I already had 4 hamburger patties, so that's what I used. Season them however you like hamburgers seasoned. I used a roasted garlic an herb seasoning. Cook the patties on the stove over medium high heat for about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan and make the smothered goodness.

For the sauce:
1 onion sliced
1 tbs flour
1 c milk
1/2 c greek yogurt

Sautee the onion in the pan drippings until soft. Add the flour and stir about 30 seconds, then add the milk. Whisk together and let it simmer until it starts to thicken. At this point add a few spoonfuls of the sauce to the yogurt and mix together. Pour the greek yogurt into the pan and whisk until smooth. Add the hamburger patties back to the pan and smother them with the gravy. MMM Good!


Sent from my Nokia phone

No comments:

Post a Comment