Thursday, August 4, 2011

Christmas in August?

Here's what I found in the coat closet today:



These are ornaments that I forgot to put on the tree at Christmas. One is a baby's first Christmas ornament 2010.  The other is from Gulf Shores that we got last summer.  I had stuck them in the front closet and surprise, surprise I forgot about them.  Here's some more Christmas items I found:



I decided after last Christmas that it was time for new stockings.  So I hit the after Christmas sales and so did my mom.  I think I counted 7 stockings.  There are 4 people in our family.  Here are some other lovely things I found in the closet:



The hangars were actually a good find.  It's time to start hanging and tagging everything I'm consigning this fall and wire hangars are a requirement.  So, yay! I only need about 100 more hangars.


Scarves. I think I counted 6 scarves.  I wish I could say that's all I have, but it's not.  There are many more in my closet.  I love scarves.  In my defense, as a teacher, I spend a lot of time on the playground.  Everyday. It gets cold in the winter.  I need scarves.  And they have to match, right?  For instance, the green and pink scarf doesn't match everything.  I did get rid of one scarf today.  It was plain and boring. Okay.  How about some before and after of the coat closet. 





Before. It's quite cluttered and messy.  Those cute backpacks are for my nieces so they will be leaving the house at some point.  (side note- the backpacks, clearance at llbean.com for $9.99 shipped.)  And now for the after pictures:





Much better.  And, can I just say, I have 4 coats in the closet.  My husband has 8.  I think it's time for someone to get rid of some things!  One more quick project I did today was in the playroom.  Here's what the playroom looks like 6 1/2 days out of 7:


Last night as I was listening to Margie talk about organization I had a light bulb moment.  I have been trying to have a place for all the toys.  Blocks in one place, puzzles in one place, cars in one place, etc.  You get the point.  W is 3 and AM is 1.  It's pretty much a lost cause.  So, here's my light bulb moment.



A big green plastic tub.  All W has to do now is throw the toys in the tub.  That's the place. For everything.  Why didn't I think of this sooner?


No comments:

Post a Comment