Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Steps

My first project on this journey of becoming organized is a small one.  I started yesterday with our "laundry room".  I use the term laundry room loosely since basically our washer and dryer is in the kitchen, hidden behind a set of folding doors.  Here's the before:



As you can see, it's a mess. So, I headed for the Dollar Tree. Did you know you can get great containers for only a dollar at the Dollar Tree?!  I put the 1 year old to bed and got to work.  I cleared out the space and threw things away and then put it all back.  It took about 30 minutes or so (which really isn't very much time at all) and here's the finished product:



This is just the beginning of creating a more simple, organized home.  We'll see where I end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment