Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Starts

Two new ideas that we are going to start in our home this year.  The first is a weekly prayer time at dinner.  I got this idea at the Holiday Extravaganza at our church.  Several ladies talked about Christmas traditions they have in their own families.  One of those was not throwing away Christmas cards.  We now have a basket that holds all of this years Christmas cards.  Every Monday at the dinner table we will pull out a card and pray for that family.  So, if you sent us a Christmas card you will be prayed for over the course of the next year. 

The second idea is a basket of verses.  During the Christmas season we had an advent calendar.  Each night we would open a flap and read a bible verse.  Will loved doing this every night.  I spent yesterday looking online for something similar that we could do every night before bedtime.  My friend Kezia suggested making a jar with verses and letting the kids pull out a verse each night for us to read.  Such a simple idea, why didn't I think of it?!  So, here's our new verse basket and how you can make on too.


I went to Pinterest and found some bible verse cards that I could print out.  I love when other people do all the work and I can just copy it!


I cut the cards apart. 

Then put them in this basket.  The basket was 75% off at Michael's after Christmas sale.  If you turn the basket around you'll find that the fabric says Happy Holidays, so when Christmas comes around again I'll just turn the basket around!  I love a good deal! 

This is a super easy project to start off the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment